I hope you enjoyed last week’s bulletin about Geranium oil, and fell in love with the many ways that Geranium oil can be used in your life, for physical and emotional upliftment.
Did you know that Geranium oil is also wonderful to use on your hair? In October 2018, I went on a Young Living trip to Croatia, and I was amazed when I saw my friend Jen Gallagher – her hair looked absolutely gorgeous!!! It was long, and it was luscious. And of course I begged her for her recipe!!!!
So if you want your hair to look so healthy and vibrant that it literally radiates with shine, you will definitely want to follow these easy tips!
My “Luscious Long Hair” Plan…and it works!!!
Jen Gallagher writes: Artemis asked me to share what I have done with my hair!!!
Just over 3 years ago, I got the hairdresser to cut my hair really short. You know that moment when you are telling her, “Go shorter” and she is saying, “I think that is enough” and you disagree, the and next minute your hair is waaaaayyyyy shorter than expected?!
I was so annoyed at myself for getting my hair cut so short that I made a plan – an essential oil plan – to grow long, luscious hair in the the shortest amount of time possible…and it worked!!!!
What To Do:
# 1: Drink at least 60ml of Young Living’s NingXia Red juice, every single day.
# 2: Use Young Living’s Lavender Mint Shampoo and Conditioner (it’s my fav, you can use the others but we have used this consistently for the whole family and find it is suitable for all of us).
# 3: Make up this “Luscious Hair Leave in Rinse” and apply it after shampooing and conditioning. Pour about 10-20 ml directly on the roots of your wet hair and massage in. If you have curly hair like me, scrunch it in. If it is straight, I would comb it in. Leave it to dry (preferably). I do this every day – see the recipe below.
# 4: Use Young Living’s Mirah Hair Oil as a leave in hair treatment overnight, and wash out as normal in the morning. I use one dropper full and massage it all over my hair. I have a wonderful night’s sleep too!
Luscious Hair Leave in Rinse
- 85 ml coconut cider vinegar. You can use apple cider vinegar, but I found that my hair smelled better and seemed to grow quicker when using coconut cider vinegar. You can get it at a health food shop, or at Coconut Magic (I like the Coconut Magic brand, as their quality is extremely high)
- 5 drops Young Living Cedarwood oil
- 5 drops Young Living Geranium oil
- 5 drops Young Living Patchouli oil
- 5 drops Young Living Lemon Myrtle oil
- Purified Water
- you will also need a 250ml glass or PET plastic container
- Mix the coconut cider vinegar and Young Living oils in a 250 ml container.
- Top up with purified water and shake gently.
Use every day as described above. It also smells divine and gets more beautiful smelling over time. Don’t worry, you won’t smell like vinegar!
Here’s a recent pic of me, so you can see how long and healthy my hair is!