Another year has rolled past, and we are on the cusp of 2022.
I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones the most beautiful and restful festive season. May it be filled with Joy, Abundance, Hope and Gratitude, as well as plenty of R&R.
Here’s to a bright and shiny New Year. May your dreams come to life, and may you be blessed with happiness every single day.
For our final bulletin of the year, I wanted to share with you 3 mouthwatering vegan treats that you can surprise and delight the family with over this festive season. Enjoy!
Dairy & Gluten Free Peppermint Slice
Recipe by Sam G.
1. Base Ingredients:
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- ½ cup dates
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor then press mixture into a lined pan. Put in fridge.
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup rice malt syrup
- ¾ cup soaked cashews (which have been soaked for 2 hours first, then rinsed and drained)
- Blend filling until it makes a smooth paste. Add 13 drops of Young Living Peppermint oil, and mix. This number of drops is perfect for children, and people who don’t like strong aromas. For adults, you can use up to 18 drops of Peppermint oil in the mix. Pour onto the base, and put in the fridge. Once it has hardened, put the Choc topping on top.
3. Choc Topping:
- ⅕ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
- Melt the coconut oil, then stir in the syrup and cocoa powder. Let the mixture cool slightly, then pour it onto the hard set Peppermint filling.
- Place the Peppermint Slice in the fridge.
- Cut up to serve once it’s set hard.
- Keep refrigerated when it’s not being eaten. This will prevent it melting.
Raw White Christmas
Recipe by Lou C.
- 1 cup cashews
- 130g of cacao butter, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syru
- 2 teaspoons liquid vanill
- 1 pinch fine Himalayan sea sal
- 2 drops of Young Living Geranium oi
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup buckwheat kernels
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Young Living dried wolfberries (or dried goji berries)
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ⅛ cup sour cherries, roughly chopped
- ⅛ cup currants, roughly chopped
- Gently melt the cacao butter in a double boiler over the stove, until all of the solids have dissolved. While the cacao butter is melting, process the raw cashews in a high-speed blender until they are finely ground.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla and a pinch of salt, and blend again until the mixture is very smooth. Once the cacao butter is completely melted, add it to the cashew mixture and blend again until velvety.
- Add in the Geranium essential oil.
- Add in the shredded coconut and pulse once or twice.
- Mix in the buckwheat, roughly chopped pistachios, cherries, and dried fruit by hand. Press the mixture into silicon moulds or a lined loaf pan.
- Place the White Christmas in the freezer to set for 6 hours, or until very firm.
- Pop the White Christmas out of its silicon moulds, or use a sharp knife dipped in hot water to cut.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour (or experiment with Young Living’s Einkorn flour)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (Bicarb of Soda)
- ¼ cup of puréed veggies – any type (if you are not vegan, you could use 1 egg here in place of the puréed veggies)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil or melted organic butter
- 1 drop each of Young Living’s Cinnamon Bark, Ginger and Nutmeg essential oil*
- Then add the most important ingredient, which is LOVE ❤️
*It works best to have both the ground herbs and the essential oils. This gives a more full bodied flavour, which is still child-friendly.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit). Note that this temperature setting is for fan forced ovens. You may need to increase the temperature a little for a non-fan forced oven.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a baking bowl
- Use a spatula to mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then add 1 drop each of Cinnamon Bark, Ginger and Nutmeg essential oil
- Make a hole in the centre of the dry mix, and pour in the wet ingredients
- Use a spatula to mix the wet and dry ingredients until it reaches a dough-like consistency. If it’s toi wet and sticky, add a little more flour to thicken
- Spread out a sheet of baking paper, and roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it’s 3mm (0.118 inches) thick.
- Cut your shapes
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and place the shapes onto the baking tray
- Bake for 12-13min at 180°C, and enjoy!
Here’s how to order…
If you already have your own wholesale account with Young Living, you can order through the shopping cart on your virtual office, or via phone or live chat with your local Young Living office.
If it’s been more than 12 months since you’ve ordered, or if you’ve never set up an account, please reach out to the person who introduced you to Young Living. You will need their member number when you place your first order.
If you have lost touch with them, or need any other assistance, we are here to help. Simply click on the button below, and we’ll be in touch to assist you and help answer your questions.