Welcome to 2023! We’ve emerged from the chaos and challenge and joys of 2022, into the blank canvas of 2023.
What will this year hold for you? Which of your deepest, heart-felt dreams will you bring to life this year? And how will you transform in 2023, so that it becomes your best year yet?
I’ve often pondered what the new year means to us. After all, it’s just another sunrise. And if so, why does it have so much significance to so many? I believe it’s the symbolism of a new year that makes it so meaningful to us. It represents that fresh start, that blank canvas. It evokes a time of reflection, where we can look honestly into the mirror of our Self, and acknowledge those things we’ve been sweeping under the carpet, that we are now ready to face. And we can also acknowledge the things we’ve already transformed in 2022, that we want to use as the foundations for even more growth and expansion in 2023.
So here’s my question to you…
How will you increase your abundance, self–care and self–love in 2023?
Clear Space, Clear Mind
A cluttered home reflects a cluttered mind. I don’t know about you, but I know for myself that I never feel truly settled when I’m surrounded by chaos. When my home is untidy or unclean, my peace is ruffled. So set aside some time to give your home an energetic and physical spring clean!
- Start with one room of your house
- Zen this room, by putting away the clutter
- Release any “things” that you’ve outgrown, to make room for the new
- Give the surfaces a wipe over with your Thieves Household Spray. This will not only purify the surfaces,
it will also give them a frequency boost
My favourite mix for this is to put 1 tablespoon of Thieves Household Cleaner into a 500ml spray bottle with my favourite oils. My favourite combo for cleaning is 6 drops each of Lavender, Orange and Lemon Myrtle. Top up with water, and spritz away.
Then set your diffuser running, with 5 to 15 drops of Transformation, Joy or Purification oil in it, and watch how great you feel!!!
A Bit of Pillow Talk
This same concept can be applied to your bedroom:
- Time to wash those sheets and bedding for a brand new year.
- Add ½ cap of Thieves Laundry Soap into the washing machine, and give your bedding a deep cleanse to clear away the old energy.
- It’s amazing how great a fresh smelling set of sheets is!!!
- Then choose your favourite oil and sprinkle it onto your bedsheets. Test a corner first, because some oils can leave stains on light coloured bedding, especially those oils that are very red (like Abundance) or very blue (like Valor). Personally, I love to sprinkle Joy or Sensation oil blend onto my bedsheets.
- Then tonight, before you go to bed, set your diffuser running with 5 to 15 drops of Peace & Calming oil blend or Lavender oil in it, and have the most amazing sleep ever!
New Year, New Body!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who took my eyes off the scales over the Christmas period, and enjoyed some extras of my favourite treats! Although it’s perfectly healthy to relax and indulge every now and again, the new year is a great opportunity to turn over a new leaf (body wise):
How will you approach this? Here are some ideas:
- The best type of exercise is the type you really love. There’s nothing better than exercising without realising you are exercising, just because you are having so much fun doing it! It could be a walk with a friend, or slamming it at the gym, or challenging yourself at your favourite sport, or your favourite yoga, pilates, Tai Chi or Chi Kung routine, or (in my case) a 30 minute beach walk interrupted with a wonderful swim, where I splash around and dive through lots of waves. Having water crash onto our crown is a great way to cleanse our energy field and crown chakra.
- Whatever type of exercise you most enjoy, commit to this every week (and preferably 2 to 3 times a week).
- Be mindful of the foods you eat, especially the ones you become unconscious about (ie. you eat them without really checking in with your body first)..
Whether you are overeating or eating too little, reach for Peppermint oil to balance your appetite*. Dr. Alan Hirsch studied over 3,000 overweight volunteers1. They simply inhaled Peppermint oil 3 times into each nostril whenever they felt hungry. It was SO effective, participants lost 2 to 8kg a month using this simple technique!
* All therapeutic statements in this blog relate to traditional aromatherapy uses, and are compliant for our Australian market.
1. Alan R. Hirsch, MD., Dr. Hirsch’s Guide to Scentsational Weight Loss, Element 1997.
- Another great oil blend to reach for if you are beginning to indulge in less-healthy habits is Stress Away. The Vanilla oil in Stress Away is incredibly soothing to our senses, helping us to feel nourished so that we are less likely to reach for things that aren’t good for us.
- And of course Young Living has a wonderful range of supplements to help our body on all levels. My all-time favourite is the Red Drink, and I’ve had this continuously since April 2020, and wouldn’t be without it. Here’s the recipe:
- Put 2 tablespoons of NingXia Red into a 750ml glass bottle. An empty NingXia Red bottle does the trick. Add 3 caps of Sulfurzyme (emptied into the bottle), and 3 drops of Lime oil (or Lime Vitality oil if you live in the US, or Orange Plus or Tangerine Plus oil if you live in the EU/UK). Top up with water, and drink two of these drinks each day – one on waking, the other in the afternoon.
Watch how your cells absolutely sing from all this wonderful hydration and nutrition!!!
Healthy Habits, Health Lives
And what other healthy habits will you adopt this year, to support your physical vitality? Here are some ideas:
- Wash all your fresh produce in Thieves Fruit & Veggie Soak before eating. I buy only organic produce, but it still all gets a wash. I just love knowing it’s clean and purified before it ends up in my mouth (because I never know who’s been fondling my fruit & veggies before I picked them up!).
- Enjoy some healthy smoothies, using one of Young Living’s protein powders (Balance Complete or Pure Protein Complete). This can be a wonderful meal replacement, or it can simply help to take the edge off some sweet cravings. You could even up the anti and do the 5 day Nutritive Cleanse!
The goal of the 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse is to temporarily reduce your intake of food, giving your body the time it needs to expel stored toxins, effectively “resetting” your digestive system for optimal functionality. In the meantime, the following Young Living products are recommended twice daily, to give you the essential nutrients you need while cleansing:
Take 1 Digest & Cleanse softgel with ½ cup of water 30–60 minutes before eating OR have 1 sachet of Master Formula (Essentials) each morning. Mix 1 serving of Balance Complete and drink. Wash it down with a 60 ml shot of NingXia Red!
Monkey Mind, Be Gone!
Taking care of our mind is just as important as taking care of our body. Have you noticed that your memory has been a bit hazy lately? I know mine has! In my case, I put it down to all the extra EMFs that we’re being exposed to nowadays, combined (in my case) with the emotional trauma of losing my Mum in August last year, and then the extra pressure that’s put on me time-wise.
That’s why meditation is such an awesome practice. I meditate at least once a day, and I’ll slip in an extra meditation if I need to in the day. Make sure you put a drop of Frankincense oil under your nose or on your third eye chakra or crown chakra before you start your meditation. You’ll be amazed at how deeply you sink.
If you’re new to meditation, one of my favourite ones is a guided meditation I do before I fall asleep at night. It’s based on sounds that were used right back in Atlantis, to drop us into a deep, deep state of consciousness. When the meditation is over, I turn off the sound and roll over and go into a lusciously deep sleep (helped by having a drop of Awaken oil on each side of my pillow).
I love the “Developing Intuition” meditation. If you’d like to know how to get your own copy of this, please click below and I’ll be in touch. It’s by a little-known creator, so not easy to find online. Click here to Contact me.
Master Focus, Zen Mind
But there are other things we can do to sharpen our mind, in addition to meditation. Did you know that scientists have discovered that:
- Drivers who sniffed Peppermint oil before their drive experienced less frustration, less fatigue, and felt like their drive was shorter²!
- Inhaling Peppermint oil increased mental accuracy by a whopping 28%³, and helped people stay focused on their task, even if it was repetitive⁴.
- In fact it produced a:
- 35% increase in typing speed, and a
- 7% increase in typing accuracy⁴
- Diffusing Lemon oil in an office dramatically improved concentration and accuracy, resulting in 54% fewer errors⁵.
- When diffused during exams, scores increased by up to 50%!!!
- For a productive day, add 12 drops of Lemon oil and 3 of Peppermint oil to your diffuser
Put a drop of Brain Power oil blend under your nose, or at the top of your neck. It contains oils which are high in sesquiterpenes, which help to scavenge oxygen and carry it where we most need it. It’s not an accident that this oil blend has this name!
2. B. Raudenbush, et. al. North American Journal of Psychology, 2009, 11(2).+
3. W. N. Denbar, et. al. Compendium of Olfactory Research, 1996, pp 39-46.
4. S. Barker, et. al. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 2003 Dec; 97(3 Pt 1): 1007-10.
5. K. Griffin, The Smell of Success, Apr 28, 1993. Chicago Tribune.
The Art of Balance…
Self–care has definitely been a theme for me, over the past few years. I’ll admit, I used to be atrocious at it. I was always putting myself last. I forgot that important saying, “Put your own mask on first, before you help others”. And as a result, I ended up in burnout, with adrenal fatigue.
So now, having a great self–care regime is critical to my wellbeing, as it is to yours.
How will you amplify your self–care in 2023? What new practice can you bring into your world, to increase your happiness quotient, and your R&R? It’s so important that we have time to defrag after any storm, before we reach the next bit of turbulence. That way we can always give 1000% to our life and our purpose.
Right now, my self–care involves many things I’ve already mentioned here. It involves caring for my body (with healthy food, beach walks, swims, Tai Chi, massage and personal training). It involves caring for my energy field (with meditation and diving into waves, or sometimes sun gazing or cold showers). And it involves caring for my emotions, by catching up with like-minded friends and filling my cup with happy connections.
And it involves having fun!!! We so often forget this when we are looking at self–care. What brings you fun, and a deep sense of being “on Purpose”?
For me, that’s my wildlife rescue work. Thank goodness for Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer! I use it after every rescue.
Having fun for me is also about going dancing each week. I’m even thinking of taking up Salsa to expand my dance skills!
Pamper, Pamper, Pamper!
Pampering is also what I put on my skin. It’s the little “extras” that I bless myself with, in order to feel feminine, beautiful, fragrant and…..well…..totally luscious! Here are some of my favourite products from Young Living for pampering:
- ART Renewal Serum – this beautiful skin serum contains Orchid Extract for a truly nourishing, hydrating experience….it’s like being in your very own day spa. And its aroma is utterly divine!!!
- The 7 Oil Ritual– this is my favourite way to start each day….and it puts me into such a positive mindset. Plus I have so many people commenting throughout the day on how incredible I smell! Check out my YouTube video where I teach you how to do this amazing anointing process.
- Sacred Sandalwood oil – if you asked me what my absolute favourite oil is, I’d have to say Sandalwood, Rose, Abundance, Awaken and Valor. I’d really struggle to choose between these 5 oils, as they are such “go to’s” for me. And I love that we now also have the Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol – it’s a great way to cleanse our energy field with the magic of Sandalwood. Simply spritz it over your head and body, and see how you feel!
- Charcoal Bar Soap & Charcoal Mask – I am a real sucker for these 2 products. Whenever I have a bath soak, I put some Charcoal Mask on my face to draw out any impurities. It’s an extra pamper for my skin. And the Charcoal Bar Soap is my everyday soap to use in the shower. I love it!
How to Order…
If you have a wholesale account with Young Living, order through the shopping cart on your virtual office, or via phone with your local Young Living office.
If it’s been more than 12 months since you’ve ordered, or you’ve never set up an account, reach out to the person who introduced you to Young Living. You’ll need their member number when you place your first order.
If you’ve lost touch with them, or need assistance, we’re here to help. Click on the button below, and we’ll be in touch to help answer your questions.