When I saw this Lavender and Wild Berry Coconut Ice Cream recipe pop up on our team Facebook group, I knew I had to share it with you!!!! It sounds absolutely delicious!
Lavender oil is a very strong flavour, and can easily overwhelm a dish if too much is used. I remember Noel’s dairy-free Crème brûlée. It was an amazing recipe – he made it for us in France when we were visiting Young Living’s Lavender farm in Simiane la Rotonde…except he decided to try it with Lavender oil, and used too many drops, so that it overpowered the whole dish.
Always be moderate when you are cooking with essential oils. Start with less and build up, so you don’t ruin a good dish!
Did you know that Young Living’s culinary essential oils (which includes Lavender oil) are compliant with Food Standards Australia and New Zealand for use in food and beverage flavouring? If you live in Europe, substitute with Lavender Plus oil, and if you live in the US, use Lavender Vitality oil. It’s the same oil in the bottle, however the different labels are needed to remain compliant with local regulatory bodies. Now, to this scrumptious recipe….
Lavender & Wild Berry Coconut Ice Cream
By Tori H.
Tori writes: The things my 3 kids and I love the most about this delicious Lavender and Wild Berry Coconut Ice Cream is that it’s very different to all other ice creams that we’ve tasted.
My kids had never tasted Lavender in an ice cream before. In fact, they didn’t even know that I’d added the Lavender essential oil into the ice cream.
My kids were pretty impressed. Also the Lavender ice cream reminded us of the Lavender farm that we went to a couple of years ago as well. It took us on a trip down memory lane….
Ingredients (Ice Cream):
- 2 x 400ml cans of coconut cream, the full fat version
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener (eg. coconut palm syrup or honey)
- 1 vanilla bean pod (split and scraped)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops of Young Living Lavender oil
- Optional: 1 scoop of Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete powder (vanilla spice flavour – this is vegetarian not vegan)
Ingredients (Wild Berry Syrup):
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1½ cups of fresh or frozen wild berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or a mixture)
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream (not the syrup) together into a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend all the ingredients on high speed for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Taste test, and add more coconut palm syrup if it needs more sweetness, or more vanilla if it needs more vanilla flavour.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, and use a spoon to smooth the top.
- Cover securely and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- While the mixture is chilling, make a wild berry syrup. Add the fresh or frozen berries and coconut sugar to a sauce pan and place over a medium heat. Slightly mash the berries with a fork, and continue to stir the mixture until it thickens.
- Once the mixture is thick like a syrup, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Pour the wild berry syrup over the ice cream, then create a swirl look. Put it back into the freezer to allow it to set. Before you serve, make sure you allow the ice cream to come to room temperature. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- 4 large scoops of this homemade Lavender and Wild Berry Ice Cream
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete powder (vanilla spice flavour – this is vegetarian not vegan)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries, such as blueberry, raspberry or blackberry
- 1 cup almond milk
How to Order from Young Living….
If you already have your own wholesale account with Young Living, you can order through the shopping cart on your virtual office, or via phone or live chat with your local Young Living office.
If it’s been more than 12 months since you’ve ordered, or if you’ve never set up an account, please reach out to the person who introduced you to Young Living. You will need their member number when you place your first order.
If you have lost touch with them, or need any other assistance, we are here to help. Simply click on the button below, and we’ll be in touch to assist you and help answer your questions.