With the festive season just around the corner, this is the perfect time to hone your cooking skills and discover some great new treats for all the family….and that’s where these delicious Coconut Raspberry Gummies come in!
They not only taste fantastic, and look sooooo beautiful…..they are also based on some very healthy ingredients, for some guilt-free festivities!
Coconut Raspberry Gummies
Anne Simpson has given us this wonderful recipe, thanks Anne! It’s so easy to make, and tastes amazing! For a vegetarian version, substitute agar-agar instead of gelatin (you’ll need to search online for the conversion ratios).
- 1 tin 400ml coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons of gelatine (I used the “I Quit Sugar” brand)
- 4 drops of Young Living Tangerine oil
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of gelatine
- 1 60ml sachet of NingXia Red
- 2 drops of Young Living Orange oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of natural sweetener (eg. honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar or rice malt syrup)
1. Add the gelatine to 100ml of coconut cream to soften the gelatine.
2. Empty the remaining coconut cream into a saucepan on low heat. After 5 minutes, add the gelatine mixture to the saucepan and stir until it’s well combined and heated.
3. Cool the mix, then add the Tangerine essential oil.
4. Stir thoroughly and pour the mixture into moulds, or into a 10cm x 15cm dish. Place it in the fridge while making the base.
5. Add the gelatine to water to soften the gelatine.
6. Place the raspberries and natural sweetener into a saucepan over low heat, and stir until the berries have softened, and the mixture is heated through.
7. Add the NingXia Red juice, and puree the mix with a hand-held blender. Stir in the softened gelatine and Orange essential oil.
8. Make sure the topping is already firm. Pour the base mix over the topping, and place it back into the fridge.
If you can manage to keep these treats away from all the hungry paws, this recipe will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipes like this shouldn’t just taste good….they should be filled with goodness for you as well! Let’s take a quick peek at the Young Living ingredients in these Coconut Raspberry Gummies….
NingXia Red – A delicious Superjuice packed with natural goodness…
Let’s start with a lesson in pronunciation! NingXia Red is a superfood, and it’s pronounced “Ning-sha Red”.
This is a fabulous energy drink for the whole family, whether you are just needing a way to kick-start your day, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a boost of vitality when you are doing a workout.
It contains organic goji berry puree….that means not just a concentrate, but all the goodness from the skin, seeds, and pulp. This is combined with other high antioxidant fruit juices – Blueberry, Plum, Aronia, Cherry, and Pomegranate – and it’s sweetened with Stevia.
Even better, it is flavoured with 4 different citrus essential oils, Orange, Yuzu. Lemon and Tangerine, all very high in d-Limonene….and it tastes delicious!
60ml of NingXia Red is like having a whole fridge and freezer full of fruit and vegies in a single drink.
Not only is it packed full of vitamins and minerals, it’s equivalent in biological activity to eating 118 heads of broccoli, or 200 oranges, or 45,628 almonds!!!!
And what about the Orange and Tangerine essential oils?
Any type of Citrus essential oil is wonderful for relaxing us as well as uplifting our moods, thus carrying us into a “feel good” space. This applies whether we have it in our diffuser, or whether we are munching away on foods flavoured with citrus oil.
Yes, we’d still get some benefit from eating food made with the whole fruit…but remember that the essential oil is soooo concentrated and potent!
Citrus oils come from the skin of the fruit. Did you know it takes the rind of 75 lemons to make 15ml of Lemon oil! So every drop requires the rind of 1/4 of a lemon to make it.
According to Gabriel Mojay, author of Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Orange oil helps us to take a more relaxed approach to life.
It eases tension and frustration, replacing moodiness and irritability with joy and positivity.
Orange oil helps us to take a more “philosophical” attitude to life’s problems.
Because it is such a powerful optimism oil, it also brings us good luck. No wonder it was one of the oils the Ancient Egyptians used to attract in prosperity! What a perfect oil for the festive season!