if you like after dinner mints, you will LOVE this recipe for a Peppermint Cream Slice – completely raw, and free of gluten, dairy and refined sugar! Enjoy!
PEPPERMINT CREAM SLICE
Oh, yummy! This recipe is compliments of Fiona Russell. Thanks Fiona!!!!
Alright, this is made in layers, so you will need ingredients for each layer. Here goes…….Firstly, line a pan with baking paper.
TO MAKE THE BISCUIT LAYER:
- 100g almond meal
- 3 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of water
Process on high speed in your thermomix or food processor, then press into the pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify.
TO MAKE THE CREAMY PEPPERMINT LAYER:
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut butter (optional)
- 4 drops Peppermint oil
Coconut oil becomes solid at cooler temperatures, so if needed you can warm it on low heat until it liquifies. Then simply blend these ingredients in your Thermomix or food processor, and spread over the biscuit base. Pop it back into the freezer while you make the chocolate layer, just to give the creamy peppermint layer a chance to solidify.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 60g of raw cacao butter (grated or finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of your preferred natural sweetener (eg. coconut nectar)
- a small pinch of salt (eg. celtic sea salt or himalayan salt)
Place your cacao butter and coconut oil together into a stainless steel bowl, and sit in a pan of simmering water. Stir until it melts. OR stir these together in a Thermomix at 37 degrees for 5 minutes until they melt. Add remaining ingredients, whisk or blend at high speed. Allow it to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then pour over the top of the creamy peppermint layer.