Are you a Mum? I’ve never had the privilege or challenges of being a Mum to little humans (only to animals), so I’m in awe of all those amazing women who are Mothers, and everything this entails – the unbreakable love for your children (whether they are naughty or nice), the chaos and challenges of seeing them through life’s ups and downs, in sickness and in health, in romance and in heartbreak….indeed the whole journey of raising these powerful young Beings, and then setting them free to become their own unique self, full of light and passion for the adventure that lies ahead.
And your to-do list is never-ending!!! Cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning, after school activities and supervising homework. That’s why it’s beautiful that we have one day in the year when we honour and celebrate all the Mothers in our life.
I’ll let you in on a little secret for Mother’s Day. While it’s tempting to buy flowers or a sparkly piece of jewellery, the best way to show your Mum your love on Mother’s Day is to gift her something truly unique, that makes her feel treasured and adored.
This week we’ve pulled together our favourite DIY Pamper Recipes, to inspire you for some last minute Mother’s Day gifts. Imagine luxurious bath salts, a delicious ceremonial cacao, and glorious skincare goodies – everything you need to spoil the women in your life this Mother’s Day!
Give the gift of a Sensational Soak
Shen P. writes:
My favourite way of pampering involves a nice hot bath with some home-made bath salts.
I used Peace & Calming essential oils and Hibiscus flowers for this one, and then decorated it with Rose petals, Lavender, Jasmine or Butterfly Pea flowers. So cute!
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- 1 cup pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Bicarbonate Soda (baking soda)
- ¼ cup dried flowers
- 2 tbsp unscented Castile Soap
- 20-30 drops of your favourite essential oils
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl & dry in another
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture
- And voila! You’ve got yourself some home-made bath salts.
- Just remember not to use it all at once!
Treat her to a calming Cacao
Carlie A. writes:
Imagine a nourishing, nurturing, ceremonial Mexican Cacao, elevated by Young Living oils. Use it to connect with the sacred elements, and create a quiet space within yourself. Set an intention, and ask for what you wish to receive from this “elixir of the Gods”. My intention when I sat recently was:
To honour and connect ever more deeply with my body; to connect and open more to the power and love flowing through me; to generate a deeper appreciation of self, and to trust amidst the rapidly changing scenery of my life….
You can really hone in on your intention by coupling this with the Young Living Culinary Oils added to the Cacao, eg:
- Invite more joy and energy and “Zest for Life” with Orange oil
- Feel like some relaxation? Lavender oil comes to the rescue
- Use Frankincense oil to open to spiritual guidance
- Applying oils topically to the body may also assist the process. I love to use oils like Awaken, Release, Dream Catcher, Forgiveness, Present Time, Hope and Gathering. Apply intuitively, wherever you feel the oil is asking to go.
Ignite her Feminine Radiance
Nicole Y. writes:
I gave the DIY Radiance Mask a go from The Lavender Life blog and I’m so pleased with the results.
I finished off with a face Toner and the Sandalwood Cream. My skin feels so smooth! Check out the before and after pics below, and try it for yourself!
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 drops Nutmeg oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl to form a thick paste
- The paste should have a consistency that sticks to your skin
- Add lemon juice or other ingredients as necessary to reach your desired thickness
- Apply the paste to your entire face or to affected areas
- After 20 minutes, rinse off the mask and pat dry
Something for our new Mumma’s
Alison S. writes:
Today I made some beautiful gifts for a friend who’s about to become a Mumma for the first time. Oh my goodness, I can remember my first pregnancy like it was yesterday!!! Even back then I was making up remedies and lotions from nature!
There are so many changes that our bodies go through during pregnancy and becoming a Mumma, and so many emotions. So, I decided to tune into my girlfriend and make some yummy products for her and her bubs.
Belly Glow Serum
This can be applied anytime to your belly or body/face. It smells divine, and is so good for your skin and emotions. Into a glass 50ml dropper bottle, pop in some:
- Dried organic rose petals
- 20 drops of Release oil
- 7 drops Ylang Ylang oil
- 5 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood oil
- Top up with Young Living‘s V6 vegetable oil
Goddess Rose Spritz
Seriously, this is the most uplifting, loving, nurturing spritz. It’s great to shake and spritz any time over your face and body, raising your vibration for you and your bubs.
- In a 50ml glass spray bottle, pop in a few Rose Quartz crystals
- Add 5 drops Young Living Rose oil
- Top up with filtered water
Gentle Baby Abundance roller bottle
This roller has such a gentle relaxing aroma. It’s wonderful for pregnancy, labour and to calm bubs. It can be worn as a perfume, applied to the belly to nourish the skin, or placed on a cotton pad in bub’s room. The Garnet crystals are for energetic protection and to attract abundance.
- In a 10ml glass roller bottle, pop in a few Garnet crystals
- Add 20 drops Gentle Baby oil
- Top up with Young Living‘s V6 vegetable oil
- She is going to feel amazing!
How to Order
If you already have your own wholesale account with Young Living, you can order through the shopping cart on your virtual office, or via phone or live chat with your local Young Living office.
If it’s been more than 12 months since you’ve ordered, or if you’ve never set up an account, please reach out to the person who introduced you to Young Living. You will need their member number when you place your first order.
If you have lost touch with them, or need any other assistance, we are here to help. Simply click on the button below, and we’ll be in touch to assist you and help answer your questions.