When I was a kid, camping was one of my least favourite activities. I didn’t enjoy those little bitey things (the mozzies and the midges). I have horror stories about leeches attached to me when I went on rainforest walks. I didn’t know if I was going to faint or die! I’d have tired muscles and no way of soothing them. Oh, and did I mention the sunburn??? Yes, I did try to lather myself with chemical-laden sunscreen – but it washed off when I’d swim in a creek or step under a waterfall, and I’d still end up getting burned. And outdoor toilets – well, let’s not get started there, lol!!!
It’s no wonder after all that camping trauma that I now stick to 5 star hotels with comfie beds, spa baths and block-out curtains.
But do you know the one thing that was missing from my childhood camping trips? It was Young Living.
Young Living gives us so many wonderful products to pamper ourselves with during our outdoor adventures. So if you’re an avid camper and love the great outdoors, you’re going to love this bulletin, and all the tips it offers. Enjoy!!!
Pamper Yourself in Nature’s Embrace
Courtney H. writes:
Last week we went camping for a pampering week away! These weren’t all the products I took (see pic). I took a lot more oily goodies. But these are what I reached for the most!
- Thieves Dish Soap – It smells so much better than that strawberry stuff they have at camp kitchens. It also doubles as a great shampoo when your hair needs a freshen up!
- Outdoor Blend – This smells sooooo good and feels lovely on the skin.
- Lavaderm Cooling Mist – This stuff is great to quickly spritz on sun-kissed skin at night. However it also came in handy when my 4 year old tripped over in the dark and scraped his arm before going to bed – I was able to spritz him with it as follows:
I gave him a quick wipe off with a damp towel and then I sprayed some Lavaderm Cooling Mist on to help calm him down until the morning, when I could see more. Lavaderm contains Lavender oil and aloe, so it’s very soothing to the emotions. My 4 year old only accepts oils on his booboos these days, bless him!
- AromaGlobe diffuser – This cordless diffuser was magic for our sleep routine. We used Lavender essential oil in the diffuser at night time, and to create a calming tent scent when all seemed too much for Mama! I don’t go anywhere without my Endoflex and En-R-Gee roller, and my DiGize and Peppermint roller.
- KidPower Roll-on – For the kidlets, mainly my 4 year old who didn’t want naps because of FOMO, so a swipe of KidPower roll-on on the back of his neck helped calm the emotions.
- NingXia Red sachets – there’s no way I’m going to miss out on my daily NingXia Red goodness intake!
- NingXia Zyng – a refreshing bubbly drink for the arvos for me to enjoy. Great for energy!
- Finally, let’s take a minute to appreciate the Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50, which was amazing for the kids who were swimming and out in the sun alllll day!!
Daksha P. writes:
I’m pretty sensitive to those “outdoor annoyances” and wouldn’t leave home without packing my Outdoor Blend.
It’s great to feel confident knowing you’re protected, but that you’re not exposing yourself or your family to harsh chemicals!
Artemis adds: In the US, this Young Living product is called “Insect Repellent” instead of “Outdoor Blend”. For our US Young Living members reading this bulletin, we can make the following claims about this product. In other markets outside of the US, no claims can be made):
Made with 100 percent naturally derived, plant-based ingredients, Young Living’s Insect Repellent is proven to repel mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas with 99 percent active ingredients, plus 1 percent vitamin E to moisturize and condition skin. The gentle formula rubs easily into skin without a greasy or sticky finish and is appropriate for use on children when used as directed.
It contains Citronella, Lemongrass and Rosemary essential oils, and is formulated without DEET, parabens, fillers, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colorants.
Karen A. writes:
So I’m not much of a camper but oils are essential on holidays…
While I’m away I always continue to use my oils (and of course NingXia Red & Sulfurzyme are a MUST). Here are some examples of the main oils I used on a recent Queensland holiday…
- Lavender oil – We use this for multiple reasons, as it’s beautiful for the skin, so it’s often being used during our outdoor adventures. It’s also perfect to help the girls get to sleep in a different bedroom. Not to mention the TLC our hands and arms needed after feeding the lorekeets – this was so much fun, but I’d suggest to plan ahead and wear long sleeves and gloves!
- Purification oil – Perfect for those rainforests where there were lots of “outdoor annoyances”! We just wipe it over our skin before we go out.
- Peppermint oil – I put a drop directly on my daughter’s head when they complain about tension in their heads. I also use it for energy, and I love rubbing it on my tummy and head when I’ve had a few too many drinks! It’s very cooling and soothing.
- RC oil blend – Perfect for hubby who gets stressed when he’s around cats and cat fur. It just reminds him to keep breathing in the aromas of the forest!
- Deep Relief Roll-on & Cool Azul oil blend – I love a thin pillow, and I always end up with a tight neck and shoulders when I sleep in a hotel and use their pillows. I often take my own pillow with me, but my suitcase was pretty full this time so we found ourselves fighting for the thinnest pillows! I love both of these for those tight muscles that just won’t let go.
- Panaway – Keira’s choice when she gets overtired and her legs start to squeal at her! And it’s a great wake-me-up when you are dealing with a hangover!
- Thieves – The last thing I want is to be sick on holidays – especially because I used to get sick all the time….including when I go away. Errgh! Didn’t let that happen! Thieves oil is amazing at killing airborne bacteria and keeping us safe and healthy.
Then of course I had a few extras that I used as perfume and put in the diffuser to make the room smell amazing. Are there any oils you wouldn’t go on holidays without?
Nature’s Goodness in a Tiny Package
Caroline C. writes:
I haven’t gone on vacation in a long time, but I always carry these around because they can be used in any situation and most certainly when camping as well!
The roll-ons are fab… pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil and simple to apply, they’re just ready to go whenever and wherever you are.
It’s my first rescue pouch for physical and mental wellbeing on the go!
Must-Haves in your Campervan
An V. writes:
The products we take with us on vacation are always Freedom (the name of our campervan!) and our Viya diffuser.
The oils are different, but always:
Progessence Phyto Plus and Endoflex for me, of course… and Peppermint is a life saver for when Bert needs to focus on driving!
Then we have Lime and Orange oil to pimp our NingXia Red mocktails, and oils like RC, Di-Gize and Lavender… these are the basics we can’t live without.
And I must remember my Ningxia Red and other supplements, the everyday wellbeing products like Young Living’s shampoo, shower gel, my BLOOM trio, my toothpaste…. the list goes on!
Oooh, I’m looking forward to Spring and Summer so we can go on holidays again!
How to Order…
If you have a wholesale account with Young Living, order through the shopping cart on your virtual office, or via phone with your local Young Living office.
If it’s been more than 12 months since you’ve ordered, or you’ve never set up an account, reach out to the person who introduced you to Young Living. You’ll need their member number when you place your first order.
If you’ve lost touch with them, or need assistance, we’re here to help. Click on the button below, and we’ll be in touch to help answer your questions.